Beckers of the Future

"In my field of paper flowers, And candy clouds of lullaby, I lie inside myself for hours, And watch my purple sky fly over me!!" --Evenesence

Saturday, April 23, 2005

$$ If you've got the Moola $$


How much do I hate money? Well, that is a question of un-ending response!!

In this lovely world we are controlled by a thing we know and the
cha-ching$?? But, what is up with it.

K, so my parents are incredible people who have been faithful to God and His calls for them as long as I've been alive!! And yet they find themselves in thousands...I'm talking like over 30,000 $Dollars$ in debt. And that is only our bills and taxes!! What is up with that? And this woman that I have known most of my life, who uses her money for things like excessive shopping, and things like lottery tickets and whatever!! And she is continually getting promotions and bonuses and all sorts of financial blessings!! And then there are the people who are missionaries, and they actually do get the money that they need from God.

So my parents became missionaries in 1998, and we came here to Toronto to work at the
Scott Mission downtown, and we did. Much has happened since then and they have been so faithful...I've seen it, and yet we can't afford our house, car, gas, electricity, phone, heat, or food. I felt God telling me to start tithing to my parents last month because of how much they have poured into me, and I knew he wanted me to give it to them in Gift cards for the Superstore around the corner from our house. This week I found out that they have so little money that they couldn't afford to buy food, I then realized why God had been directing me in that direction!

This isn't for people to feel sorry for me, or for them to think we are in the poor category...we aren't! We have a beautiful house in a nice neighbourhood, and a good car
...etc...etc. This is just to comment on the fact that I would think that I do not deserve the good prosperity that I have as much as they do, and yet I am the one who has it!!

So what is up with money? Why do some get it and others not? Why is it so stressful when you are running out? How are we supposed to account for the old retired people who are on fixed pensions when the cost of living goes up every year? It's not like their costs go down, it's the opposite!! With all the medical and house care they need their costs go up and so does the cost of those costs, and yet the check that comes in the mail for them is fixed and never changes!! Aren't we supposed to care for our elders?

I seriously just want to comment that I hate
money, and that we can never escape the needing of it!! We will always need it, and will always be bound by that need in order to survive, but that is what sucks the most! That even though we kno it is ruling over us, we cannot leave it in the dust...unless we are simply walking in the wilderness and fending for ourselves on an Island or something...but even then, I'm not sure there would be enough dust...unless there is a chunk of desert there and you have money on one side and then you begin to run really really fast...then it might work!!

Anyways...this is just a ...rambling... of all that's in my head...MASTER MIND!!


:o)

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 25, 2005 2:37:00 p.m., Blogger Jon L said…

    I knew you would get a blog one day. Its so true about your post though, why do some people get all the "luck" or "blessing". This will prompt an good discussion with God

     
  • At Saturday, April 30, 2005 11:58:00 a.m., Blogger L said…

    the answer to your question, jon long, can be found in Job. Job was blameless and yet he was struck down, not because of anything he had done wrong, but to test him and refine him. Job learned from what he went through. he complained a lot, but he didn't blame God for it. he was discouraged, hurt and hopeless, but he sought God in his trials. sometimes we go through bad situations because we are doing what is right instead of what is wrong. we ought to seek God that we may come out of them triumphantly.

    in hard times don't get discouraged, but keep praising God for what He's given you. even if what you have is only a reliance on His Word.

     
  • At Monday, May 02, 2005 6:04:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MasterMind is awesome...

     
  • At Thursday, April 06, 2006 3:53:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    K this was a tough one...tough to read because I know and understand the struggle. I enjoyed reading what Liz said. She is at a place with God that I'm just not at yet.
    Sure I know that the Lord will always provide for my every need. And He always does so faithfully. Most of my own personal debt is due to lack of good stewardship, careless spending, etc. etc. But on the other hand, your parents are not that way. I just don't get the closed doors when your Dad is so talented, gifted, skilled and faithful. Your family should be rich $$$$!!! Of course you guys are rich in the true sense of the word. You have an awesome relationship with God that even through the toughest of times has sustained you. You are people of character. Thinking about Job and all that he went through, God brought him out triumphantly on the other side. Blessing him with way more than he had before all hell broke loose. The Lord gives; the Lord has taken away. BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home