Beckers of the Future

"In my field of paper flowers, And candy clouds of lullaby, I lie inside myself for hours, And watch my purple sky fly over me!!" --Evenesence

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

~Unclaimed Fries~

Can I just say that I was at church all day today, and was for sure getting board at like 12ish...did some errands for my mommy...then I was sitting at the computer just playing some games when Jan invited me to join them in a trip to that changed my whole day!!!

I was so bored...so going anywhere would be an improvement.

We get there and then Mark orders and gets his extras...i.e. napkins, katsup, fork...and 2 straws. As Jan finishes ordering Mark has the two straws balancing behind his ears...Jan really doesn't like it and says there is no way she is going to use that...Mark points out the fact that they are in paper wrappers and Jan precedes to ask me to explain to him just how special and corky she is.

As they are having this discussion the Lady (lets call her Wendy...I think it is fitting) has put Jan's fries in a bag and is waiting for the burger...then she begins to get the next person's stuff ready...(our order was to go, and the next guy's was 'for hear') So Wendy puts the man's fries on his tray...

Jan inquires about her order being ready yet, and Wendy shares the delay of the burger...so Jan reaches out to grab some fries...off the tray...

I'm like ahh..."those aren't yours." and Jan's like "what?" and I'm like oops...

She turns to the man behind us and says, "I touched your fries, I'm sorry..."

He just stares at us like we are total freaks and then Wendy (with a similar look) is like don't worry...and she places the second large fries in Jan's bag...dude I was like "hay I'll take 'em." Mark's like "she just put them in your bag..."

So Jan pulls them out and hands them to me...She tells Wendy that she is "so sorry" as she was passing by and then says "Beck's not."

We step out of the doors to be run over by a pack of Mennonite people and then we get in the car as Jan discusses how it isn't fair that the guys look the same as us, but the woman all have to wear the ugly clothes..."just keep those woman down!!" as she is disgusted with it's unfairness...

Then we all get WAY distracted by a van COVERED in pennies!!! I mean covered...half of it was turning green with the copper rust!! It was so cool!

Thank you Jan for the unclaimed fries...they were filling!!!

6 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:16:00 p.m., Blogger L said…

    you certainly know how to make a boring story interesting. you were bored all day and you didn't respond to a single one of my waves of email? i guess i'll just have to be bored out of my mind till work friday.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:50:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my favourite was the bunny...i think you have a little obsession with them. oh well, whatever works for you my dear.

    love you, and still miss you.
    sigh...

     
  • At Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:10:00 a.m., Blogger Jon L said…

    WOW, sounds like fun. I think the bookstore is addicted to Wendy's

     
  • At Thursday, May 05, 2005 3:43:00 p.m., Blogger L said…

    oh, this story inspired me to go get some wendy's today. it was very good.

     
  • At Friday, May 06, 2005 1:38:00 p.m., Blogger Beckers said…

    Can I just say that there are Fries...and then there are FRIES!!! some are good....some not so much...unless you add a little extra touch...yet still some just beat all no matter what...

    ;o)

     
  • At Friday, May 06, 2005 8:14:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have always loved going to Wendy's after youth group on Friday night. The people there probably warned everyone in the restaurant that the hungry monsters were coming to devour, and to beware not to sit near them if they wanted to finish their meal alive.
    Oh, one more thing, we were all from a Mennonite background. Just not such an intense background.
    And my favourite type of fries are Mcdonalds fries.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home