Beckers of the Future

"In my field of paper flowers, And candy clouds of lullaby, I lie inside myself for hours, And watch my purple sky fly over me!!" --Evenesence

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Mounting Everest

K, so I wrote this nice little poem for Y'all about my job!!! This depicts...as in draws a pictured illustration of this year in the life of the Resource Centre and not so honoured guests...etc.

Mounting Everest

There once was a mount named Everest
We thought there was none the Betterest
Till on day when we looked close upon it
And discovered maybe we can't make it

It seemed more like Tetris we're Playing
With bricks for laying we start our praying
And never to stop we try making it fit
'It Can't' we all try and avoid to admit

Half way up this mountain we've built
Instead of a Duvet it's a Patchwork Quilt
But we'll trek on ahead on the slippery slope
For a Quarter of a Million we really must Hope

This mount is called Everest and remaining today
Are the hearts holding on all through the delay
Each step we get closer to the end that is nigh
As we follow the bright light we Wave our Goodbyes

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home