Beckers of the Future

"In my field of paper flowers, And candy clouds of lullaby, I lie inside myself for hours, And watch my purple sky fly over me!!" --Evenesence

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Our Greatest Need, Already Met

K, So I was working on my descriptions for products on the web-site at work when I saw this book which got me thinking…


Question:
If God is so amazing, if He really is all that we say and believe that He is, If He really knows what we need and desire (and better than we do), then why is it that WE are to ask Him for those things? Why do we need to ask when He is the kind of Father that gives us all and more than we need? Why ask when in the end God is God and will do as He wills?


Answer:
I don’t pretend to REALLY know the answer to this timeless question that most of us have asked on many occasions…but think about this:

What if the very act of us asking Him IS the greatest answer to our needs? Like think about this…Maybe what we need most is that NEED to communicate with God. How many of us in all honesty would really speak with God as often if we never needed to ask Him for something. I am beginning to think that He put that in place for us to ”ask so that we may receive” so that we would have a place to build relationship. People don’t just jump into being intimate with God, we need time to get close, feel safe, and know He is really there with us. Well, what better way to do that than to NEED to ask Him for things all the time and then see Him taking care of it in the best way!!? So maybe God set this entire thing up in order to fill our greatest need: Relationship and Intimacy with Him. This very NEED causes us to be real and honest with God about where we are lacking, where our heart is, and how we are REALLY living; Basically allowing Him to see the Real Us even when no-one else does. This NEED to communicate with God is a basis for all of the Heart connection that goes on throughout the journey of our lives. Eventually we no longer fear asking Him (or fear forgetting to ask), and it just comes out naturally throughout the coarse of our day in being so close to Him that we just speak and relate all day and all night Spirit-to-Spirit!!


So this is my "Oh So Great" Revelation for the day… This is how HE REALLY cares for us.

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:09:00 p.m., Blogger beth said…

    good thoughts, beck. i've heard a lot of people try to tackle that tpic. very thought provoking stuff. my interpretation is similar to yours. i love knowing that God fully EXPECTS us to ask and ask and ask....just like little kids. we were never meant to depend on ourselves, were we? he makes that crystal clear throughout the word. why do i always forget?
    and yeah, we need to communicate with him. this is true. it's so fulfilling (and challenging at times) to be unashamedly vulnerable/intimate with him and others. and have those really deep intimate relationships we crave. the kind we were made for!

    love you lots, beckers. i'm cheering you on :)

    B Vent

     
  • At Monday, June 19, 2006 5:54:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brellec. I love you. I wrote you a poem. I don't think I will share it with you though. So...there you go. I love you too much I think. I better tone down the love. Oops...I turned it up by accident. Crap.

     
  • At Sunday, July 02, 2006 10:02:00 p.m., Blogger L said…

    Wow, I thought that was pretty good. Makes sense. I guess there might actually be some use to reading the back cover of books. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home